South India Explorer Tour from $1050
Travel from Chennai to Goa via Madurai, Varkala, the backwaters of Kerala, Kochi, Mysore and Hampi, and experience southern India’s beautiful landscapes with our South India Explorer Tour.
- Start: Trivandrum, India
- Finish: Goa, India
- Tour Validity: 28/08/2015 to 21/12/2016
- Duration: 15 Nights and 16 Days
- Transport: Boat, Bus, Train
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Accommodation: Guesthouse (1 nt), Homestay (1 nt), Hotel (10 nts), Overnight sleeper train (3 nts)
- Product Code: IP85621
Day 1 Trivandrum
Revel in an exciting mix of modern commercialism and tropical languor – hang out with the locals along Marina Beach or check out the museums, palaces and bazaars.
Days 2-3 Varkala
Take a dip in the Arabian Sea, sip chai at a cliff-top cafe, practise some yoga or visit the ancient Janardhana Temple.
Day 4 Kerala Backwaters Homestay
Cruise past palm trees, rice fields and coconut groves on a sunset boat trip through the winding backwaters of Kerala. Enjoy an island homestay, including a delicious home-cooked Keralan meal.
Days 5-6 Kochi
Explore the heart of Kerala on a local ferry. This fascinating city is an invigorating mix of Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and English influences. See spice bazaars, the beautiful Dutch Palace and perhaps a catch a Kathakali dance performance.
Days 7-8 Periyar National Park
Journey to the lush Periyar National Park in the ranges of the Western Ghats to spot leopards, monkeys and around 60 other types of mammals at play in the wild. Visit the elephant and tiger reserves on site to better understand the plight of these endangered animals in India.
Days 9-10 Madurai
Weave through chaotic streets filled with bazaars, pilgrims and rickshaws or explore the labyrinthine corridors of the Sri Meenakshi Temple.
Days 11-12 Mysore
Famous for its silk, incense and sandalwood, relaxed Mysore also boasts amazing temples. Take time to climb Chamundi Hill and be sure to visit the Maharaja’s Palace.
Days 13-14 Hampi
Wander through the ruins of the Vijayanagar Empire, nestled in an outlandish boulder-strewn landscape. Hampi also has plenty of temples, chilled cafes and great little markets to explore.
Days 15-16 Goa
This southern adventure concludes in Goa, famed for its palm-fringed beaches and relaxed pace. The Portuguese influence endures in the city’s whitewashed churches.
Enquire with us for available dates and exact pricing for South India Explorer Tour
- Backwaters – Pole Boat Ride
- Backwaters – Village walk
- Madurai – Walking tour
- Periyar – Spice farm tour & dinner
Enquire for South India Explorer Tour
[gravityform id=”4″ title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]
- Price is a guide to the best available rate.
- Price shown is per person based on twin share.
- Airfare is not included.
- Tour Operate on specific dates, so enquire us before booking your flights
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of all taxes.
- Further conditions may apply, please check with us for more details.
- Additional taxes, charges & visa fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout period may apply depending on travel date.
- Prices displayed are for payments made by cash or Internet Transfer
- These prices are just a guide and are may change without notice.